So I wondered WHY IN THE HECK I was getting so many comments about Firefox. I’ve never had to deal with so many comments in so short a time… It was exhilarating! And a bit annoying. Got a lot of comments full of trash talk. Typical. My posts bring those attitudes out a lot, it seems… The people who actually realize what I’m saying don’t care one way or the other(I mean, honestly, copying user interfaces don’t matter, but it’s the principle that people expect one group to NOT copy and give another group a free pass), but those who are suddenly blinded by rage want to lash out. Anyway! To cut to the chase… I now realize why I’m getting so much horrified people posting here.
Someone decided to post my article to 4chan!! I am warning you… 4chan is known for… Shall we say… Allowing anyone to say and do anything without repercussion? It’s a very rough site, full of nasty images and vulgar language, so you visit at your own risk. Currently, the thread is full of nothing more than angry Firefox fanboys who are bursting blood vessels at what I said, but that could change at any moment.
To address a few things I’ve seen:
- You miss my point. I couldn’t care less that Firefox copies Internet Explorer. I couldn’t care less that Microsoft copies Apple or that Apple copies Microsoft. My point is that so many people complain about Microsoft copying Apple when they give a free pass to Firefox. (As with the release candidate debacle.)
- As for “non-standard version number”, I have repeatedly made fun of Firefox’s (and iTunes’) knack of having long version numbers: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206, respectively. Most of my other applications (games, mostly) are simply 1.2 or 2.33 or something like that. Major release-minor release vs what appears to be something like major-minor-patch-hotfix, but nobody answered that post.
- As for the problem of downloading Firefox, I had no trouble accessing the page, either, but PCWorld said there was a problem accessing the page and I linked to it. If you read my post instead of what some anonymous person posted on 4chan, you would know this!
- FurAffinity really isn’t my art site of choice. Sure, I enjoy looking at wolf art, but I usually do that on DeviantArt and lately only for “okami”, through which I discovered this little gem, and then subsequently purchased when the artist was selling the original. But yet, my persona is a cute little wolfdog and my name in many, many places is “GermanShepherd”.
- Yes, I play Neopets. Not all the time, but sometimes!
- I’m glad that you enjoy my DeviantArt gallery. That’s what it’s there for! I hope you realize that the intention of Dalek Goes Rawr was… You know… To be funny. My apologies if your comment was sincere, but in the midst of all the other raging sarcastic comments, it’s hard to tell if you’re being mean or honest!
I think that’s it so far… People have mentioned some of my political posts, which could prove interesting. I’ve already got a few flaming comments on my article about how the NAACP thinks that animal shelter was racist to put black-furred pets on sale. Had someone point out my post saying that I wasn’t going to support Shyamalan’s new movie because it was entrenched in global warming. Someone also called me a Mac person after quoting my phrase about Vista being dead… I guess they couldn’t tell I was being sarcastic. I mean, I use Vista and love it (and have had it since beta)… That should be readily apparent if they would bother to read some of my other posts.
Oh well… It’s been awesome! A comment every 10 minutes or so. I’m famous!